Sustainable development: regular assessments and concrete results
In order to contribute to sustainable development, both for the company and the society as a whole, EDF Luminus committed in 2012, as part of its Corporate Social Responsability policy, to inform stakeholders about the evolution of its financial environmental and social outcomes.
Accordingly, a Sustainability report is published every year.
THE 2016 SUSTAINABILITY REPORT
The report below describes the progress made in 2016 by EDF Luminus in terms of Sustainability. In this report, you can find:
- Six different types of Sustainability challenges : ethical, financial, environmental, social, and those linked to innovation or customer satisfaction;
- Indicators for each of the 15 topics identified as « material » by stakeholders (f.i. health & safety, carbon footprint, development or renewable energy, energy efficiency, continuity of supply, biodiversity protection, financial performance, etc.);
- Key highlights, concrete actions, new projects implemented for all 15 topics
- Detailed information regarding the CSR barometer, certifications, labels obtained and dialogue with stakeholders.
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT REPORTS FROM PREVIOUS YEARS
The 2014 and 2015 reports were pinpointed as “remarkable” by the jury of the contest for the “Best Belgian Sustainability report” award.
If you have any questions, comments or proposals to improve this report, please don’t hesitate to email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADVANCED CSR PERFORMANCE ACCORDING TO ECOVADIS
In November 2016, EDF Luminus achieved a score of 81/100 - well above the average of 42/100 for the 31,000 companies evaluated worldwide by EcoVadis. This means EDF Luminus is one of the top 1% of companies evaluated by EcoVadis.
is an independent and objective assessment body which helps companies’ improve their environmental and social practices. The diagnostics provided by EcoVadis take into account the specificities of each sector. Each evaluation specifies the pathways to follow to improve the score achieved.
The overall rating granted by Ecovadis covers in fact 4 different scores:
- 90/100 for Environment (an “outstanding” achievement),
- 80/100 for Human Resources practices,
- 70 for Business Ethics,
- 70 for Responsible Purchasing.
A SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY FOCUSED ON KEY ISSUES
EDF Luminus updated in 2017 its Corporate social responsibility policy
, first established in 2012. This update also takes into account the expectations of stakeholders interacting with the company:
- environmental protection groups, etc.
EDF Luminus has made specific commitments with regard to:
These obligations are based on the ten principles of the United Nations Global Compact
, which EDF Luminus joined in 2013.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE GLOBAL COMPACT OF THE UNITED Nations EDF Luminus published 3 « Communications on Progress » since its first commitment to the Global Compact of the United Nations in 2013. We reached “advanced level” as of 2015.
Back to top